Friday, August 12, 2011

Anyone Turntable?

This kind of post is a little bit off topic for me but it is fun and this is the fun blog so yeah.

I've recently been spending a LOT of time on this new thing turntable.fm

It is so absurdly fun. I'll try to explain this as best as I can. You have a little avatar and a playlist that you manage. You can search their library for songs and/or upload your own songs. You go into chatrooms which can have up to 5 djs at a time and it plays one song by each dj on stage in rotation. People can vote your song as awesome or lame and you get dj points and you can become a fan of djs. So far dj points just equal to unlocking more avatars but still, that's pretty cool. Here is a screen shot to give you some kind of idea.

I feel like this is right up some blogger's alleys especially *cough cough* Electric Addict and D4 *cough cough*.
But really this can be fun for anyone. Have a group chat with some friends and share music with each other or go in other rooms and meet new people and learn about new music that way.

This is seriously. The coolest thing I've seen in so long. I can't over state it.

Anyone else been having fun with this thing? My name on there is Its Haunter so if you see me say hi.

21 comments:

  1. Oh and it is FREEEEEEEEEEE WHAT WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We're very sorry, but while we would love to let you in and rock out with us, we need to currently restrict turntable access to only the United States due to licensing constraints."

    Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound like a lot of fun, i will definitely try it, not tonight, but tomorrow. Cant wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo! USA for the win! This looks super fun, Haunter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like.. WAY too much fun. BT's comment scares me, technically I'm not the US but a territory, so we'll see. I'll send out for an invite thingymabob and keep my sights on it. I'm so game. I'm GAME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noway-It really is. I've been waking up lately and one of my first thoughts is 'Okay time to play some musics'

    BT-Aww I'm sorry. Had no idea it was like that :( It's a new thing right now anyway so hopefully it will expand later and you can have fun too.

    GM-Sweet I think you'll like it.

    Genetics-YEAH TAKE THAT EARTH. WOULD A AA+ COUNTRY HAVE FREE MUSIC CHAT ROOM PARTIES? I THINK NOT.

    D4-Hope you can get it to work man this thing immediately made me think of you guys. I know right now it works by connecting with facebook so you might be able to get it to work just by going to turntable.fm while logged into facebook but I'm not 100% You might have to follow a link to a room from facebook or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magixx-You are very welcome

    Bersercules-Hello sir

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to DJ a bit when I was younger. God, I sucked. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll check it out. But i'll probably just down vote everyone not playing dubstep

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo Haunter, hit me up, I'd love a guest chest kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shame I'm not in the US, that sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll try it right away!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got into an early beta, then they slapped regional restrictions on it so now I can't access it because I am in UK :(.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This reminds me of Coke Music back in the day. When it didn't suck major. I think I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. boooo BT!!! this looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm gonna go ahead and pass on checking this out. I'm afraid of getting addicted and lose massive amount of time on it. HA!

    ReplyDelete